What is Clinical Myotherapy?
Clinical Myotherapy is a branch of manual medicine that focuses on the treatment and management of musculoskeletal pain including myofacial pain (trauma or muscle contracture), neuropathic pain (nervous system) and articular pain (joints).
It involves precise individual assessment and treatment of you pain or dysfunction, derived from muscles, joints and nerves. With this integrated therapeutic approach, qualified Clinical Myotherapists can alleviate both acute and chronic conditions arising from developed diseases, congential conditions, occupational, sporting and recreational activities.
Clinical Myotherapists use a variety of modalities such as manual therapies, myofascial dry needling, heat therapy, electrical stimulation, prescriptive exercises, joint mobilisation, self help pain management techniques and pre and post natal treatment. The use of these modalities is to restore positive and true muscular function, deactivating muscular trigger points, increase joint range and mobility. These outcomes will aid in providing you with restoring muscular and joint dysfunction, decreasing and eliminating your pain, getting the condition to a self manageable level, which will allow patients to return to work, sport and life without suffering from acute or chronic pain.
To find out more information about Clinical Myotherapy or to book an appointment call Mel on 0403 211 302
What do Clinical Myotherapists treat?
- Short term & long term pain
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain ( Neck, Should, Back, Knee etc)
- Disc injuries and discogenic pain
- Headaches / Migraine
- Injuries from recreation, Sports, car accidents and all other forms of accidents
- Whiplash injuries
- Pain syndrome such as Fibromyalgia
- Diseases that cause muscular contractions, wastage, fatigue or pain such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson , Chronic fatigue, Diabetes etc.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
Mel’s goal to you
My personal goal is to make your Clinical Myotherapy experience a valuable and rewarding one by providing you with highly trained health care practitioners, that will focus on you and your condition to get you back on the right track to recoveryMel Ioannou, Myofix Clinical Myotherapist
Clinical Myotherapy Services
- Initial Consultation – up to 60 mins $85
- Extended Review – up to 60 mins $85
- Review Consultation – up to 45 mins $75
- Short Consultation – up to 30 mins $55
HICAPS available on all services.
- Lunchtime Express Massage – 30 mins $60
- Longer Lunch Break – 45 mins $80
Make an appointment
To book an appointment call Mel on 0403 211 302